We are a micro fund investing in early stage high-impact foodtech startups globally.
Trellis Road was started in 2020 by Anna & Erik, two ex-founders with a strong focus on impact. So far we’ve invested in 16 high-impact foodtech startups on 4 continents. We’re based in Europe, but invest globally.
We typically invest $200k-$500k in pre-seed and seed rounds of extremely ambitious foodtech founders working on critical problems for humans, animals and our planet.
We are proud backers of:
- microTERRA – Functional ingredients using lemna
- Nilus – Community group buying in LatAm
- Arborea – Cultivation systems for microalgae
- Stockeld Dreamery – Plant-based cheese
- QOA – Chocolate without cocoa
- THIS – Plant-based meat replacements
- Betterfish – Algae-based tuna and delicacies
- Bluu – Cultivated fish products
- Mission Barns – Cultivated fat & meat
- Olombria – Pollination tech using hoverflies
- The New – Brazilian plant-based meat alternatives
- Blackbird – 100% plant-based pizza & seitan
- Herotein – Plant-based food for Chinese market
- Hier – Marketplace and SaaS for local produce
- Bond – Fermented chicken protein for pet food
- + a couple more to be announced
Latest Medium articles: